Blue-eyed Dolls Everyone Likes Them!
The "Blue-eyed Dolls" were given by America in 1927 to be used for Japanese-American friendship. It is recorded that 205 dolls were given to Yamagata Prefecture, but when World War II began, many of those dolls disappeared. Now only 11 dolls remain.
Hongo Nishi Elementary School (Principal, Yoichi Ajiki) wants the children to develop international friendship through these dolls. A "Blue-eyed Doll Panel Exhibition" was held from July 10 to 23. In the classroom, dolls and historical materials from were displayed. The children squinted as they hugged the dolls.
to Classroom Experiences
Page | 1927 Doll Exchange | Japanese
Friendship Dolls | American Blue-eyed Dolls